8 Natural Home Treatments For Migraine Relief
Migraines are intensely painful headaches in which the blood vessels within the skull constrict and increase blood flow to the head.Often described as a dull throbbing on one side of the head, they can last from a few hours to several days.
Three quarters of the people who suffer migraines are women, and migraine pain mostly afflicts women who are between 20 and 45 years of age.
Natural Remedies To Migraine:
- Simmer ginger root for twenty minutes till it gets infused well with water.
- Then drink one or two cups(depends) of it hot and fresh.
- Instead of Ginger root, slices or chunks of ginger can also be used in the same way.
- Pregnant ladies should consult a Doctor before following this method.
Head Elevation and Tie bands:
- This could be the most simplest instant relief to migraine.
- Keep your head elevated as you are lying down or sitting.
- Or Tie a headband around your head. Although there is no scientific evidence to back this up, many people are convinced that this will stop a headache.
- Sip a cup of coffee without sugar or cream.
- Eventhough Caffeine may be a migraine trigger,in some cases, it might help a migraine.
- Have a cup of Chamomile tea.It is a great way to ease the pain and it also helps to settle the stomach.
- Hot compress- Apply a warm compress to your shoulders and neck area if the muscles feel tight or sore.
- Cold Compress-Apply a cold compress to your neck, shoulders or directly to your forehead or over the eyes.
- Aromatherapy compress - Make a compress using Peppermint, Lavender or Eucalyptus oil. The scents could help you relax and ease the pain.
- Few of them find relief using this method
- Capsaicin can be used as a nose spray or as a supplement that you can take daily.
- It is also available as a cream that can be rubbed on achy joints.
- A supplement based on white willow bark is a good alternative to conventional pain killers as they help to reduce pain and inflammation
- Lavender migraine sticks can be helpful to relieve migraine.
- It consists of a roll on filled with lavender essential oil.
- Apply to the temples when needed.