17 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Knees and Elbows
- Cut a piece of lemon into two halves. Squeeze out of some juice and put some sugar over it.
- Now, rub these two pieces on the elbow and knee as you want for 5-10 minutes.
- Then wash with normal plain water.
- Do this regularly, preferably under shower as the skin is softer.
- Take a two teaspoonful of gram flour and add half a teaspoonful of lemon juice in it.
- Make a paste and then apply over your knee and elbow.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with plain water.
- Massage the oil on your knee and elbow for 10-15 minutes or as long as you feel the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Do this regularly, almost daily for lighter elbow and knee as well as for healthy skin.
- Coconut oil is widely used in skin soothing treatment. It can also be used with lime juice for lighter complexion of elbow and knee.
- Take a teaspoonful of coconut oil and half a teaspoonful of lime juice.
- Make a lotion of it and apply over dark areas for 15- 20 minutes.
Cocoa Butter And Shea Butter
- These natural fats act as good moisturizers and help to make the skin soft.
- This helps to remove the darkness caused by dry and flaky skin.
- Apply cocoa butter or Shea butter on the darkened skin every night before going to bed.
Milk & basil leaf
- Make a paste of milk, turmeric powder and basil leaf.
- Take two spoonful of milk, a pinch of turmeric powder and 2-3 drops of basil leaf.
- Mix all of them and make a paste.
- Apply it over your elbow and knee before going to bed. You can wrap it with a cotton cloth to avoid stain on your bed sheet and clothes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water next morning to get desired results.
- Hydrogen peroxide is one the best bleaching agent. It can be used in skin whitening therapy.
- Dip a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and apply it over elbow and knee twice in a week to get fair complexion.
- Aloe vera helps in discoloration of dark elbow and knee by removing dead skin cells.
- Simply, break a leaf of aloe vera plant and massage the gel inside the leaf over your elbow and knee. Do it every alternate day for 10-15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Baking soda is very effective in cleaning the skin and reduces darkening of the skin. Milk bleaches and cleanses the skin
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with milk
- Apply this paste on knees and elbows and scrub it using circular motion.
- Repeat the remedy once every two days. Repeat until you notice changes in the color.
- Remove the slice of papaya and rub it to your skin.
- The nutrients contained in papaya will lighten your elbows and make your skin beautiful.
Turmeric , Honey And Milk
- Mix some turmeric with milk and honey to make it a smooth paste
- Apply it on the dark areas and leave it there for at least 20 minutes
- Wet your hands and rub it for 2 minutes and then wash it off with water
- Potato which is a good source of skin lightening enzymes may be the solution to your problem. Take a potato slice and rub it to your knees and elbows. Repeat it daily and in a few days darkness of skin will fade and your skin will become fair.
- Take slices of cucumber and rub it gently over your skin for 15 minutes.
Sandalwood and turmeric
- Take turmeric and gram flour in 1:1 ratio and add rose water to it.
- Massage this paste to your elbow and knee for making it glowing and white.
Sugar And Olive Oil
- The sugar present in this home remedy work as exfoliate and the olive oil will moisturize the skin.
- Mix equal quantities of olive oil and sugar to make a thick paste
- Apply this mix on to the black knees and elbow
- Rub the skin using this mixture for about five minutes.
- Wash using mild soap and water
Vinegar And Yoghurt
- When used together this home remedy to reduce the dark color of the skin as they cleanse and moisturize the skin.
- Apply a mixture of vinegar and yoghurt on the affected areas and leave it to dry
- When the mixture becomes dry rub the area in circular motion for two minutes and wash.
- Fruits like lemon, tomato and grapes have bleaching property and help to get rid of black skin when used regularly.
- Apply the juice of any of the bleaching fruits regularly to the skin
- You can use different fruit juices on different days
- Rub the dark skin using a pumice stone. This helps to remove the dead cells of the skin.
- Use pumice stone to remove the dead skin while bathing