Effective Herbal and Home Remedies For Sunburn
Sunburn releases toxins in the skin and repeated sunburns accelerate the skin aging. Sunspots may form, wrinkles may appear sooner and aging is much faster. Along with aging, the probability of getting skin cancer also increases. It is therefore important that you protect yourself from sunburns.
- Apply chilled Cucumber Milk puree to the skin.It is very effective in soothing the burn.
- Dip a piece of clean cloth into cold water or skimmed milk (milk: water = 1:4) and place it on the burn.Give this compress for around 20 minutes.
- Rub mustard oil on the affected area and allow it to dry. This will remove the heat
- Cut fresh cucumber slices and rub them on the affected area
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel or Yoghurt on the skin directly
- Put few drops of chamomile and lavender essentials oils to the bath water
- Apply apple cider vinegar with the help of a cotton ball to the affected area
- Teabags soaked in cold water can bring relief to sunburned eyelids.You can even apply an ice pack
Herbal Remedies for Sunburn:
Some of the effective herbal remedies for sunburn are as mentioned below:
- Apply Calendula oil
- Aloe juice can also be applied
- St. John's Wort oil with some eucalyptus oil
- Sea Buck thorn oil
- Black tea bags
- Sandalwood is known for its cooling properties