Best Working Home Solutions For Embarrassing Stretch Marks
- Due to Pregnancy.
- Due to Bulk Body Building.
- Due to rapid growth or rapid weight changes.
Understanding Stretch marks:
- Increased hormones in the bloodstream prevent the dermis from forming collagen and elastin fibers.
- At the very time your skin over-stretches and you need elasticity and strong underlying support most, you do not have it. Unsurprisingly the dermal layer tears, it flattens the epidermis and leaves red surface marks.
- When the tears heal, the collagen fibers do not line up properly, resulting in an uneven appearance and white marks.
- Therefore,stretch marks are scars created by your own body to heal damage on the inside caused by over-stretched skin which is too thin and good for us.
- The sad news is stretch marks stay with you forever because the damage is in the dermis, far below the surface of the skin, and no cream on earth can undo it.
Home Remedies To Remove Stretch Marks:
Start removing the stretch marks as early as possible ,when they are still reddish or purplish in colour.
Complete Removal of Stretch marks include 3 stages:
- Healthy Diet
- Eat foods rich in essential fatty acids, zinc, silica and vitamins A,C,D,E,K that nourishes the body and replenishes your skin.
- Include oily fish, eggs, liver and lean meats, citrus fruits like oranges, tomatoes, almonds, pumpkin seeds, carrots, spinach, green cabbage, kale, Swiss Chard, turnip greens, broccoli, tomatoes, collards and low fat dairy products in your diet.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day naturally hydrates your tissues, keeps your skin soft and elastic and helps keep collagen production at normal levels. Think of it as an internal moisturizer.
- Exercise everyday because because stretch marks looks worse on flabby skin as compared to toned skin.
- Use an exfoliator, either bought or home-made like sea salt, oatmeal, baking soda, ground coffee or apricot scrub, with a wet washcloth. Add any of them to olive oil to make a paste and then massage the stretch marks for 10 minutes in a circular motion while you are in the shower.
- Take 5 tablespoons of body scrub ,1 teaspoon aloe vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E ,1 teaspoon cocoa butter
- Rinse off afterwards.
- Apply lemon juice which helps stretch marks fade. Allow it to dry, then rinse with warm water and towel dry your skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
- Gently rub the mixture on the skin for at least 10 minutes every day before taking a shower.
- Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
Using Vitamin E oil:
- To get vitamin E oil, break open the capsule, discard the casing and rub the oil into the affected areas.
- Apply the mixture of almond oil, castor oil, avocado oil and vitamin E oil together.
- Apply the Combination of vitamin E oil and cocoa butter.
- Make a paste of vitamin E rich oil such as olive oil or castor oil with aromatic herbs like mint, lemon grass, lavender, thyme, and massage for 20 minutes before going to sleep.
Using Essential oils:
- To one ounce of carrier oil (avocado, sweet almond, jojoba, grapeseed) add seven drops of lavender and a few drops of chamomile, and apply to the affected areas.
- Even you can apply Lavender essential oil directly to scars fade them.
- Apply Vitamin K cream topically to stretch marks, and depending on how severe they are, your skin type and activity level, you will see results in as little as 8 to 14 days.
- Mix 1/2 cup cocoa butter,1 tablespoon wheat germ oil,1 teaspoon apricot kernel oil,1 teaspoon vitamin E oil,2 teaspoon grated beeswax in a bowl.
- Heat the mixture until the beeswax melts.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and apply to your stretch marks.
Using Olive oil:
- Either apply it directly or Warm olive oil slightly in the microwave, spread on scars and leave for 20 minutes.
- You can mix Olive and coconut oil and apply it on the area..
- Rub a mixture of olive oil and lemon on the parts of your body where the stretch marks are, then apply cocoa butter immediately afterwards.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon each of cod liver oil, olive oil and aloe vera gel and apply over the stretch mark.
Using Flaxseed/linseed oil:
- Mix olive oil and flaxseed oil in 1:1 ratio and apply it .
- It is known to be effective on any kind of scars .
Using Castor oil:
- Apply castor oil to any scars including warts, moles, dark spots and wrinkles for 30 minutes a day. Combine it with rose hip seed oil, tea tree oil and vitamin E oil.
- Then apply any of the following cream
Homemade cream 1:
- Mix 200 ml unscented aqueous cream, 20 ml collagen cream, 10 ml olive oil, 5 ml coconut oil , 5 ml tea tree oil leave in the sun for one day before you use it.
- Apply at least twice a day.
Homemade cream 2:
- Mix 1/2 cup olive oil as your base, 1/4 cup aloe vera gel ,Oil from 10 vitamin E capsules ,Oil from 5 vitamin A capsules well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Rub into the skin until fully absorbed.
Using Vicks Vapor Rub:
- Apply Vicks onto the stretch marks Or combine lemon juice, aloe vera gel and Vicks, microwave for 5 seconds.
- Leave it on your scars for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off and apply cocoa butter stick, rubbing it into the stretch marks.