7 Ways to Prevent Asthma in Your Home
Asthma is one of the health challenges that are faced by a considerable number of people all over the world. Unlike in the previous years where it was considered as a permanent condition; there are ways that have been proven to work effectively towards prevention as well as treatment of asthma. The best ways to avoid dealing with this health issue is that it is always advisable to prevent it from occurring in the first place. Here are some of the ways that can see you achieve this.
- The first detail that is important to know is to find out the cause of asthma. This can be simplified in cases that arise out of allergic reaction from components, materials or any other form of element that a person is likely to develop asthma from. Once this factor is identified it will be easy for you or any other person not to expose himself or herself to the causative agent.
- One of the common causes of asthma is dust and this does not have to be necessarily those particles that are visible. Carpets and floor mats or coverings are some of the places that can hold dust. Ensure that the carpets are cleaned regularly and this also includes the drapes and beddings as well.
- Getting rid of pets is also another successful means that can be adopted towards prevention and Asthma management. As much as you would like to keep your pet it would not be fair for the other family members who are likely to develop asthma as a result of the pet dander effect.
- The sight of cockroaches in home is a common occurrence yet they have the potential of triggering asthma attacks especially in children. If you want to keep them away then it is advisable to take trash out of the house regularly and to make sure that no food is left uncovered at all times.
- Avoid the designated cigarette smoking zones because your clothes and hair absorbs the smoke which you will be in contact with as long as you are still putting on the same clothes.
- When shopping for beddings opt for those made from allergen barrier materials. You can also use the coverings made from these same materials to use on your mattresses to prevent dust mites from being trapped in them.
- Get immunization against pneumonia and influenza which are known to be another common cause of asthma attacks.
ConclusionThe above mentioned tips can be used as preventive measures towards bronchial asthma but it is always recommended to seek proper medical assistance if taking caution is not giving positive results. Determining asthma triggers may not be easy unless a specialist in immunology and allergies are contacted. Get the right diagnosis in order for you to live a better life that is free from asthma attacks
By Sadik D Duraiswamy