7 Home Remedies for HairLoss and Alternate Treatments
Understanding conditions that trigger hair loss:
Alopecia areata:When the body's immune system start to act abnormally by attacking hair follicles, the patient is suspected with alopecia areata. Due to this disease smooth, roundish patches of hair loss are noticed in the scalp.
Thyroid problems:The hormone levels of our body is regulated by the thyroid glands. If the glands fails to work properly, hair loss can occur.
Scalp infections:Scalp infections such as ringwor
Home remedies for hair loss• The Indian gooseberry has been showing great results treating hair loss. For this, oil containing Indian gooseberry will be great to use.
• Lettuce is another great home remedy for treating hair loss. A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is considered to help the growth of hair if taken up to ½ liter a day.
• Another great home remedy for hair loss is Amaranth. Its fresh leaves juice should be applied to the hair and this can help growing new hairs.
• An application of coconut milk over the scalp will be helpful treating hair loss. You can take coconut milk and then massage it into the hair roots. It nourishes the hair and promotes the hair growth.
• The most valuable home remedy for hair loss is using seeds of lime and black pepper. Ground it together and then make it into fine paste. Use this paste as an application on the patches. This might irritate but simultaneously it stimulates the hair growth and promotes the hair follicles to grow firm hairs.
• The leaves of the tree margosa will be useful treating hair loss. It should be used as a decoction. This will stop hair from falling and will stabilize them into their roots. It also kills the hair lice.
• Another useful home remedy for hair loss is using the paste of liquorice. It can be made by grinding the liquorice pieces in the milk with a pinch of saffron. The paste should be applied over the bald patches at night before retiring to the bed. This works wonderfully for treating alopecia condition.
• Onions have also been found beneficial patchy baldness along with hair falling condition. The affected part must be rubbed with onions in the morning and evening. The juice of onion is stimulant to the hair follicles and hence will prevent falling too.
• A fine paste made form pigeon pea or red gram is also considered as good home remedy for hair falling. Use this for longer period for maximum benefit.
• One of the proven hair loss home remedy for hair loss is rubbing olive oil onto the scalp and affected area.
Other Hair Loss Treatments:
Hair Loss Medication (Minoxidil and Finasteride)Although there is no proper medicine to cure male pattern baldness other than hair transplantation but you can slow your hair loss using some drugs. Finasteride is most used prescription for hair loss. This is a synthetic medication used for male pattern baldness. Basically this is a medicine that works by blocking an enzyme which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) that leads to shrinking of the hair follicles. As we explained that DHT hormones are responsible for male pattern baldness.
Minoxidil is an antihypertensive vasodilator that stimulates the hair growth. This is a topical solution applied directly to the scalp which slower and stops hair loss. The solution comes usually in 2 dosages 2% and 5%. It has been clinically effectively proven that regular use of medicine increase the diameter and length of hair follicle also promote the duration of growth cycle of hair follicles.